Are you under 30? Are you developing a River Thames themed project? Do you want extra support from us to take part in Totally Thames 2021? We are thrilled to announce an exciting new opportunity for three early career artists. Apply to our Tide Changers Programme and we will help you to shape, develop and deliver your River Thames project, with seed money, marketing and development sessions, helping you to enrich your idea and reach even more audiences via our networks. On top of that, you will receive two mentoring sessions from one our experienced team members to help you shape your professional development.
We’re looking for artists, producers and performers who want to respond to the River Thames creatively with projects that appeal to young audiences, and we are open to ideas across all artforms including poetry, dance, exhibitions and more. A digital element must also be central to your project idea.
To apply, you must be:
- 30 years old or younger
- Have experience on at least one artistic project.
- Have a fully formed River Thames or water themed project or idea in development.
- Planning on the event to take place in September 2021.
- The event should be delivered to both a digital platform and an event space. We require all events to be multi-platform to ensure we can reach the widest and most diverse audience. We will also accept proposals for events which are digital only.
We are committed to working towards a more diverse cultural sector. Our recruitment process is open to all, but we are particularly keen to hear from ethnic minorities. those who self-identify as LGBTQIA+, those from lower socio-economic backgrounds and those who self-identify as disabled, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our teams.
What we Offer
This programme includes all the benefits that come with our Open Call package, plus the following:
Marketing Package (worth £2000)
- Inclusion in Totally Thames’ Marketing and PR Campaign
- A bespoke video content package, and inclusion in our Young Person’s Season strand
- Development and support meetings with the team to help you plan your next steps.
- A small financial pot to go towards the project production (£500)
- Two mentoring sessions with members of the team to help with your professional development.
- Opportunities to network and make new connections with industry professionals.