Rivers run like arteries through the heart of our communities and are a source of inspiration, of joy and delight. We value them for their natural environment, for their history and heritage, and for the connections they make for us with the wider world.Adrian Evans, Director
Thames Festival Trust: Our Mission
To increase the appreciation of rivers and their importance to us all. To create and promote river and river-related art, education and heritage events as well as sporting, cultural, community and environmental activities. Thames Festival Trust has a particular interest in the River Thames and its tributaries.
Thames Festival Trust: Our Objectives
- We take a unique multidisciplinary approach, creating work that spans art forms to develop and diversify engagement.
- We work with children and young people in London, across the UK and world to connect them to their rivers, through creative arts-based education.
- We curate, commission and collaborate on an annual celebration of the River Thames. Delivering a programme for all to discover, uncover and explore arts, culture and active events.
- We work globally with international artists to present great art in London, embed international exchange and dialogue, collaborating with international partners to champion and highlight the unique space rivers occupy across the world.
- We work with new and emerging diverse artists to offer new and often unheard voices on the river.
- We create unique opportunities to discover and learn about the richness of the tidal Thames through archaeology and heritage programmes.
- We create unique river related education resources.
Totally Thames: Our Mission
To deliver a month-long programme of events along the 42-mile stretch of the Thames through working collaboratively with artists, local communities, river interest organisations and businesses. We commission and support artists from all disciplines to create new work that spotlights the river and its rich heritage. The Thames is part of the fabric of London life, and has been since time immemorial. Its relationship to urban and rural surroundings is ever-changing, and this vibrancy lends itself to creating extraordinary and surprising artistic experiences.
Totally Thames: Our Objectives
- We aim to inspire, surprise and enthral through our programme.
- Spotlight the river with excellent, surprising and spectacular art.
- Champion a diverse and sustainable creative riverfront.
- Inspire the next generation of river ambassadors.
- Create unique and innovative opportunities to discover and learn.
- Support and nurture emerging artistic talent, placing the River Thames at the heart of new work.