Thames Festival Trust understand that your personal information and privacy are important to you. We make every effort to ensure that the information you share with us is recorded accurately, retained securely and used only according to your wishes. We protect your personal information and adhere to all current data protection act legislation with respect to protecting privacy. We do not give out, sell or trade our mailing list data with third parties. The information you provide will be used primarily to protect your purchases and attendance at events and also keep you informed about the activities of Thames Festival Trust.
We will use the information that we collect about you in accordance with:
- The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679), (‘GDPR’) effective from 25 May 2018
Who we are?
- Registered Charity number: 1074794
- Limited Company Number (registered in England & Wales): 3577462
- Address: Thames Festival Trust, Bargehouse, Oxo Tower Wharf, Barge House Street, London SE1 9PH
- Thames Festival Trust is registered as a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. Further information can be found on the ICO website.
The Type of Data we Collect?
Mailing list: As part of the registration process for our mailing list, we collect personal information, which includes:
The data we hold may be used by us for the following purposes:
- Further our charitable aims through operating our business and delivering the services that we provide: projects, workshops, events etc.
- Gather feedback from audiences and participants for events, projects and workshops.
- Send you promotional, marketing or fundraising information by post, telephone or electronic means. These types of communications can include: Informing you of other products, services or events related to Thames Festival Trust, such as projects and events.
- News and updates about the Thames Festival Trust.
- Information on our fundraising operations, including occasional targeted requests to consider giving financial support to Thames Festival Trust, or to ask you to consider supporting us in other ways.
- Other relevant communications based upon your relationship with Thames Festival Trust.
We don't rent or trade mailing lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, Mailchimp to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. You can find more information on Mailchimp's privacy notice here. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
Ticketing Data: When you purchase a ticket/s online for one of our events through the Totally Thames website you will be directed to a third-party booking system to complete your ticket transaction. As part of this transaction you will be asked for your name, address, email and contact number. We do not store any of this data and will only use your name and email address to keep you informed of your upcoming booking.
We do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent.
Thames Festival Trust may share anonymised personal information with other organisations, particularly Arts Council England, who use this to analyse our audience development programmes, ticket sales and self-generated funding to understand the impact of the public investment made in Thames Festival Trust.
Many of the events at Thames Festival Trust are presented in partnership with other artistic organisations and promoters. We will let them know about your booking and share your name and postcode, but we would not share any other contact details, sensitive information or your payment details.
Cookies are small packets of information stored by a web browser on your computer. Our website uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how audiences use our site and to monitor how our site is performing.
We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. Google Analytics stores IP address (anonymously) and neither Totally Thames or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.
If you wish to change your cookie settings in your browser then the following links may be useful:
There are two main types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies are removed from your computer when you close your browser and are mainly used, for example, to store information about the items in your shopping basket.
Conversely, persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until they are deleted or they reach their expiry date. This type of cookie is often used to anonymously track your activity on a website so the website owner can analyse the data to see if there are ways they can improve their website.
Cookies Used by Thames Festival Trust
First Party Cookies
Created by the Content Management System (CMS) to determine if a user is logged into the CMS or not.
Created by the Content Management System (CMS) and used as protection against Cross-Site Request Forgery attacks (CSRF), where form submissions can be hijacked.
A check to determine if the user has previously visited the website to control visibility of modal popups.
Google Analytics: __ga, __gat, __gid
We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. Google Analytics stores IP address (anonymously) on its servers in the United States, and neither Thames Festival Trust or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies, however blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites. Managing cookies for each browser differs, so we advised searching online for advice for your specific browser.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Access to Your Data
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Please contact us on the below to make any amendments or if you have any queries.
Post: Data Queries, Thames Festival Trust, Bargehouse, Oxo Tower Wharf, Bargehouse Street London, SE1 9PH