Jeni Cairns Plastic & Waste Fish Sculpture
Jeni helps us construct a fish sculpture from single use plastic waste and household waste.
You will need:
- Plastic water bottle and lid or any plastic bottle eg shampoo, shower gel etc
- Masking tape
- Duct tape (optional)
- Pen or pencil
- Lay bottle over cardboard and mark out the width of bottle on the cardboard, draw a fish tail and fins onto the cardboard to fit with the size of the bottle.
- Cut out shapes.
- Tape the tail and fins to the bottle securely.
- Cover the bottle with short sections of tape, press down firmly.
- Now the fish is ready to decorate in a variety of ways such as a colourful collage or paint and pattern.
To paint your fish you will need:
- Paint such as reeves ready mixed gouache.
- Sharpie pen for details.
- Draw details on the fish such as scales, tail lines, gills and eyes.
- Paint your fish with a pattern or simple blocks of colour.
- Leave to dry.