This September, Footprints of London guides, in conjunction with Totally Thames, celebrate the role rivers have played in the story of London with a series of guided walks. From the Roman era to the present day London has relied on its rivers for life, trade, transport and recreation and these walks will help tell some of those stories.
There is at least one walk every day in September with over 30 different walks covering things like:
- River to Riches – how London became the world’s largest port
- Industrial innovation on the River Lea
- Palaces and Mansions on the Thames
- Amazing 17th century engineering that London still uses
- Blackwall – at the centre of world trade, exploration and migration
- Deptford’s riverside past
- How the Thames features in music, art, literature and film
This fantastic festival of guided walks is brought to you by Footprints of London - a London guided walks company with a difference; we're owned by our guides, all our guides are qualified and accredited and each walk is researched and written by the guide leading it. Walks by and for those who love London delivered with care, professionalism, insight and enthusiasm, that's the Footprints of London difference.