Amanda Randall's Hand Printed Card
Suitable for age 9 and up.
What you’ll need:
- 1 x A6 polystyrene printing sheet eg ‘Safeprint'.
- A blunt pencil.
- 1 x ink rolling tray.
- 2 x ink rollers.
- Kitchen roll or old cloth.
- Water spray (optional).
- 3 x water based block printing inks, 1 pale, 1 mid tone and 1 dark tone.
- A5 card (up to x 20).
- Draw a pattern of six lines onto the polystyrene, edge to edge.
- Use a blunt pencil and make a deep groove. Straight or curved is fine.
- Print the first, palest, colour onto all of the cards.
- Clean the polystyrene, the roller and tray with water.
- Add a pattern to some sections of the design.
- Print the second, mid-tone colour over the top of the first colour.
- You can rotate the polystyrene to add variety. Print all of your cards.
- Clean the polystyrene again and cut it smaller with scissors.
- Print the last, darkest colour onto all of your cards.